TECHNICAL PREPARATION FOR THE CONFERENCE
The live presentation will take place on the platform, ZOOM MEETING. Before each video presentation, please adhere to the following requirements:
- Please prepare a computer equipped with a webcam and microphone.
- Please open your browser to access Zoom Meeting or download the application for installation. Click here to download the application.
- Only participants who are registered in the iCARE2021 will be allowed to enter the Zoom meeting
- Participants are advised to have access to a reliable internet connection to ensure there are no connection issues during your presentation. The minimum bandwidth for downloading is 3Mbps, while the minimum bandwidth for uploading is 1Mbps. Please check your internet bandwidth here.
- The slides for presentations should not exceed 10 slides. Participants are encouraged to use Microsoft PowerPoint or other suitable applications. Refer here for guidelines related to preparing a good PowerPoint presentation.
- The first slide in the presentation must use the template provided by the conference. Please include the paper ID, title, author(s)’ name, affiliation and presenter’s name. The conference template is available on the ICARE2021 website.
- In the last slide of your presentation, participants may include contact information of the corresponding author.
- Participants will be informed via email a few days before the conference regarding their program schedule.
PREPARATION BEFORE PRESENTATION
- Presentations are scheduled in sessions based on the themes in the conference and presenters will be assigned a virtual room.
- The virtual rooms will be available 10 minutes before each session starts (not 10 minutes before your turn). Presenters must be in the entire presentation session to prevent any delays or technical issues.
- Presenters are reminded to test their microphone and slide sharing settings before beginning their video presentation.
- When entering the session, presenters can use the Raise Hand feature to inform the moderator of your presence in the virtual room.
- A technical staff will be assigned to each session to ensure a smooth transition between presentations.
- A session chair will be assigned to each session for timekeeping, as well as to facilitate the presenters.
- Lastly, there is an optional ICARE2021 presentation background available for presenters. It is available on the ICARE2021 website. The minimum system requirement for background change in Zoom is Intel i3 3rd generation.
DURING THE PRESENTATION
- Presentation must not exceed 10 minutes. An additional 5 minutes will be allocated for the Question and Answer (Q&A) session.
- Presenters must choose an environment that is bright and quiet for their presentation.
- To ensure good sound quality, presenters are encouraged to use a headset equipped with a microphone.
- The question period will take place in live stream following your presentation. The session chair will lead the question period.
- Audience may use the Meeting Chat tool or the Raise Hand feature and unmute their microphone to start asking questions.
- Presenters must be virtually present and keep their video on during their session.